Open to Sleep Techs, Physicians, Corporate and Affiliate Members
August 27, 2008
- First DSS Meeting
- Early goals: discuss licensure pros and cons, develop education programs for sleep professionals in Delaware
- Held general membership symposium in Dover, DE.
- Co-sponsored Sleep By The Bay Conference in Rehoboth Beach, DE.
- Co-sponsored Better Bets for Sleep conference at Dover Downs Hotel and Casino.
- 55 paid members, including sleep techs, physicians and corporate members; 145 on email contact list.
- Membership has chosen to pursue licensure for sleep techs in Delaware in an open manner, welcoming input from RTs, physicians, employers, DME, nurses, AASM, and the public.
- Spent 12 months crafting a proposed practice act.
Polysomnography Licensure Bill passed both chambers – June 20, 2012.
- Co-Sponsor of the “Better Bets for Sleep” Conference held at the Dover Downs Hotel and Casino’s Rollins Center
- Assisting the development of the Polysomnography Advisory Council to the Delaware Board of Medical Licensure and Discipline
- Yearly symposium for sleep professionals Public education
- Opportunity to meet and network with fellow sleep professionals.
- Cost effective access to professional continuing education close to home.
- The opportunity to have a direct impact on the future course of your profession.